Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Honey Chicken

This is part of a menu plan. I am going to post all the recipes separately so that they can be searched easier. We tried this last Monday and it is pretty decent. I am not the biggest honey fan and, um, I forgot the soy sauce which I think would have made it much tastier. I am kind of notorious for not following recipes, so I am sure that my mom thinks the fact I have a cooking blog is kind of amusing. Necessity is the mother of invention, and all that...


Ingredients

  • 3 tablespoons wheat germ
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon apricot jam
  • 3/4 teaspoon soy sauce
  • 6 bone-in skinless chicken breast halves (trimmed of fat)


Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. In a small bowl, mix together the wheat germ, honey, mustard, apricot jam, and soy sauce until well blended.
  3. Arrange the chicken pieces, bone side down, on a baking sheet.
  4. Spread the wheat germ mixture evenly over the chicken breasts.
  5. Bake until the chicken is opaque throughout and the wheat germ mixture has formed a crust, 35-40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment